A 1-day interactive workshop examining OKRs with Agile.
OKRs – Objectives and Key Results – are rapidly becoming a standard addition to the agile toolkit. But while enthusiastic authors claim OKRs can deliver “superpowers” most teams face a more prosaic question of “How do we implement OKRs?”
When Agile teams use OKRs they need to reconcile the OKR cycle with sprints and backlogs. And while Agile teams embrace autonomy and self-organizing some interpret OKRs in a top-down command-and-control fashion which undermines agile.
This short interactive workshop aims to equip attendees to write, understand, and deliver OKRs when working in an agile style. A combination of exercise, discussion and lecture are used to explore the use of OKRs while OKR history and background is minimized.
Attendees will write OKRs and learn how to make them quantifiable. Participants will explore the OKR cycle and how to integrate sprints to the best effect. Additionally participants will learn to recognize, and manage the tension that exist between the ideas of ambition present in OKRs and predictability expected in many businesses.
Key learn points
- What OKRs are an how they fill the “middle planning horizon” problem in Agile
- How to integrate OKRs with Agile/Scrum
- How to work with OKRs in sprint planning, reconcile the product backlog and OKRs, integrate the OKR cycle and sprint routines and think about objectives and key results in Agile compatible terms.
- The leading role played by the product owner in setting OKRs.
- Techniques for writing quantified OKRs.
- Recognizing ambition vs predictability conflict between OKRs and stakeholders and how to address the conflict.
- Why BAU – “business as usual” – or “keeping the lights on” presents problems for OKRs and how to overcome. Essential for DevOps teams and those who must support production products!
Familiarity with agile and scrum/XP sprint style working.
Team members who are expected to write and deliver OKRs
€675 – €750
Agile & OKRs coach
- Author of “Succeeding with OKRs in Agile” & 6 other books
- Agile & OKRs coach
- Keynote Speaker on Agile and Digital
Business Agility - OKRs - Product Owership - User Stories
Yes, you can.
If you want to use ‘KMO-portefeuille’, you can indicate this during your registration. We will give you further instructions afterwards.
The invoice will be sent by our colleague Kristine from Learnia, a sister-company of iLean which takes care of ‘KMO-portefeuille’. On your part, it is important to also register this training on the ‘KMO Portefeuille’ platform using the following number: DV.O211905.
As lockdowns around the world are being lifted, we are very happy to go back to in-person training. We are working on safety measures to ensure that the training stays dynamic while also being safe. At the same time, we understand the situation regarding Covid-19 is fluid and can change. We are therefore also ready to run this training in a live-online format if the circumstances demand it.
After you register, you will be informed on possible changes in the training format. You will have the opportunity to cancel or postpone your participation at no cost, in case of switching to the online training format.