This course is for everyone who is involved with Product Ownership in Scrum: Product Owners, business analysts, functional analysts, testers, product managers, marketing and salespeople, business and IT management, etc. Since the Product Owner role overlaps with the typical responsibilities of a project manager, we highly encourage project managers and project leads to follow this course if they want to implement Scrum for their projects. And this course is also recommended for ScrumMasters that want to support and coach their Product Owner into doing a great job.
This 2-day Scrum Product Owner Certification course (CSPO) will cover the fundamental principles of Scrum and the details of acting as a Product Owner within a Scrum project. This training will certify all participants as Certified Scrum Product Owner.
We will add practice to the theory through a variety of exercises and takeaways to use with co-workers in your organization. This course will be very interactive, involving all participants to maximize learning.
We will apply Scrum to run this course, so the content will be adapted to your specific needs and questions.
- Agile and Lean principles and values
- The Scrum framework and its roles, rituals (meetings) and artefacts
- The Product Owner role in detail
- Defining a vision and roadmap
- Managing the Product Backlog to reduce risk and maximize return on investment
- Write and document requirements
- Estimating cost and business value
- Project and release forecasting, planning, and follow-up
- Initiation and kick-off of Scrum projects
- Collaborating with the team during the Sprints
- Testing and acceptance of the product
- Max 16 participants
- 2 days
CSPO Results and Certification
The CSPO course includes the Scrum Alliance’s certification. Upon successful completion of the course, each participant is enrolled as a Certified Scrum Product Owner. The participants will receive a two-year Scrum Alliance membership, providing additional members-only material and information.
CSPO courses are official trainings as defined by the Scrum Alliance and facilitated by highly skilled and trained Certified Scrum Trainers.
More information about Scrum Alliance and these certification trainings can be found at http://www.scrumalliance.org.