Scrum is a proven framework to deliver products and projects at minimal cost while maximizing delivered business value. A good understanding of the Product Owner role is essential for a successful implementation of Scrum because it will multiply the value of the delivered product and the project's return on investment.
That is why this 2-day certification training focuses on how to become such a great Product Owner. You will learn how to use the Scrum framework to handle your stakeholders, manage your requirements and build a trustworthy and realistic planning for your project. You will also learn how to optimally interact with the team to build the product your customers really need.
We will discuss and practice the principles of Agile, Lean and Scrum that are vital for implementing Scrum in your specific context. By also exploring typical pitfalls and proven implementation approaches, your chances of being a successful Product Owner are maximized by this course.
This course is designed to offer optimal learning for every participant, so don't expect a typical classroom training. You will be engaged and invited to bring in your specific challenges and questions. We will combine theoretical concepts, practical exercises, games, discussions and real-life examples into a great learning experience. After this course, you will be ready to become a great Product Owner delivering great products!
The main benefit of this top quality course is the huge amount of new insights and practical idea's you will gain about being a great Product Owner. This will allow you and your Scrum team to realize immediate benefits such as better planning, higher productivity and increased customer satisfaction.
Next to the 2-day training, our offer also includes:
- Breakfast, lunch and coffee breaks
- Course documentation, checklists, further reading tips and a copy of your favorite Scrum book
- Access to our experienced Scrum coaches to hands-on support you when implementing Scrum
- The Scrum Alliance CSPO certificate
- A 2-year membership of the Scrum Alliance, providing access to very interesting Scrum resources
- PDU credits needed for PMI certification
This course is aimed at everyone who is involved with Product Ownership in Scrum: Product Owners, business analysts, functional analysts, testers, product managers, marketing and sales people, business and IT management, etc. Since the Product Owner role overlaps with the typical responsibilities of a project manager, we highly encourage project managers and project leads to follow this course if they want to implement Scrum for their projects. And this course is also recommended for ScrumMasters that want to support and coach their Product Owner into doing a great job.
In terms of experience, this course does not require any previous knowledge or experience in Scrum. Both people new to Scrum as people with experience in Scrum will find great value in this training. If you have no Scrum experience, however, we do need you to prepare this course by doing some minimal reading on Scrum. You will get the necessary reading materials after registration.
This course will be facilitated in English. Since our trainer is also speaking Dutch and French, he will be happy to help you out in your native language as much as possible.
If you want more information about registering to this course using kmo-portefeuille, please contact us before registering or indicate this explicitly when registering for the course...
|Date||Location||Trainer||Language||Price excl. VAT|
|03 Mar - 04 Mar||Gent||Jef Cumps||English||€1520.00||SubscribeMore info|
|11 Apr - 12 Apr||Hasselt||Jef Cumps||English||€1520.00 €1444.00(Early bird price when subscribing before 11 March)||SubscribeMore info|
|16 Jun - 17 Jun||Berchem||Jef Cumps||English||€1520.00 €1444.00(Early bird price when subscribing before 16 May)||SubscribeMore info|
We will apply Scrum to run this course, so it will be fun and the content will be adapted to your specific needs. What we will definitely cover are:
- Agile and Lean principles and values
- The Scrum framework and its roles, rituals (meetings) and artifacts
- The Product Owner role in detail
- Defining a vision and roadmap
- Managing the Product Backlog to reduce risk and maximize return on investment
- Writing and documenting requirements (user stories, acceptance criteria, ...)
- Estimating cost and business value
- Project and release forecasting, planning and follow-up
- Initiation and kick-off of Scrum projects
- Collaborating with the team during the Sprints
- Testing and acceptance of the product
After attending this course, you will receive the Certified Scrum Product Owner certificate from the Scrum Alliance.