Today’s world offers huge potential for communication, mobility, better health and knowledge acquisition. Digital media allow us to connect with anyone, anywhere, at any time. Everything seems possible, and everything is in flux. Humanity seems to be searching for new coherence that embraces both complexity and well-being, both individual and collective.
Not least, there is a strong need for a new kind of leadership, in our businesses, our organisations and our society. A leadership that can navigate unpredictabililty and complexity, find new landmarks and point the way towards individual and collective thriving. A leadership that can both connect with the here and now and fearlessly face what is coming.
This 3-day training offers methods and ways of working that can help both individuals and organisations to grapple with the growing complexity. You will have an opportunity to explore what it means to guide living systems, while immersing yourself in the practices of co-creation.
Our conversations will centre around the following questions:
- How can we build confidence in our own capacities and improve our ability to work with complexity, leadership and taking initiative?
- How do we hone our intentions to bring greater energy to our collaboration with others, in our organisations and communities?
- What inner stances and capacities do we need to guide the transition from hierarchy to self-organisation and self-governance?
Have a better understanding of our complex world, group dynamics and how to navigate it:
- 2 loops / eco-cycle
- The Breath Design
- The Four-Fold practice
Practice methods for co-creating and using the collective wisdom like:
- Circle practice
- World Cafe
- Open Space
- Design for Wiser Action
- Appreciative Inquiry
- Theory U
- and more...
|Date||Location||Trainer||Language||Price excl. VAT|
|There are no available registration dates for this training. Feel free to contact us for a in-house training|
SubscribeThere are no available registration dates for this training. Feel free to contact us for a in-house training
It is our wish that this training be accessible to all, regardless of your financial situation.
We have taken account of the following factors in setting our prices:
- we know the market for business training, and are offering a very competitive price in that context.
- we are aware that NGOs, local authorities and micro-firms work with very small budgets.
- we understand that individuals who enrol might be juggling with a low monthly income.
We leave it to you and your conscience to choose which financial contribution you can make. If our prices are still to steep for you and you really, really want to participate, come and talk to us about it! Together we will find a solution. We operate on the principle of ‘give what you can and a little bit more’. Prices include participation in the full training, the workbook, overnight stay and breakfast, lunch and dinner; coffee, tea and snacks in the breaks.
Early-bird reduction – for enrolment and payment before 19 January 2018.
- Personal €500,00 (excl. VAT) €605,00 (incl. VAT)
- NGO €850,00 (excl. VAT) €1.028,50 (incl. VAT)
- Small and Medium Business €1 500,00 (excl. VAT) €1.815,00 (incl. VAT)
- Personal €590,00 (excl. VAT) €713,90 (incl. VAT)
- NGO €1.000,00 (excl. VAT) €1.210,00 (incl. VAT)
- Small and Medium Business €1.700,00 (excl. VAT) €2.057,00 (incl. VAT)
- If you don't need bed and breakfast – prices minus €80,00 (excl. VAT)
- It is also possible to use KMO-portefeuille for this training.
When subscribing, please mention: Personal/NGO/SMB, use KMO-port. or not, any dietary preference, overnight stay or not.
If you cancel more than 20 days before the training, we will retain €50 to cover administrative costs and reimburse the rest of your enrolment fee. If you cancel less than 20 days before the training, the amount we reimburse will depend on whether you find another participant to take your place. If we find someone, we will retain €50. If not, we will retain the full fee. In personal emergencies, this policy is open to negotiation!
The venue and facilities
When: from 27 February 2018 (9.30) until 01 March 2018 (16.00)
The training is residential: accommodation and breakfast are offered at cost price by the Old Abbey itself. If you live nearby, you can sleep at home, but be aware that the process will continue into the evenings with various activities as well as preparation for roles you might have stepped up for on the next day.
We have selected a unique place, the former abbey De Oude Abdij in Drongen (near Ghent), as the venue for this immersive workshop. The Abbey is situated along the river Lys in a picturesque park of 25 acres, containing gardens, ponds, orchards and meadows. Both the buildings and the gardens are listed. In short: an ideal place to combine work with moments of silence and tranquility. A place where the vaste in- and outdoor space reflects the inner space and growth.
We have 40 rooms available that allow participants to stay overnight and go deep into this experience (included in price). Next to the day programme, you are welcome to spend the evenings together or to take time for personal reflection in these beautiful surroundings. This allows you to dive deeper into all aspects of hosting and leadership and build stronger connections with yourself and each other. Every room is basic and has a comfortable bed and bathroom. Sheets and towels are provided.
Get in touch with us if you need transport to and from the venue from the (nearest) train station.
You can watch a short video of the venue here: https://vimeo.com/172695441
Address: Oude Abdij van Drongen, Drongenplein 26-27, 9031 Drongen (Gent)
What you will learn and practise:
- How to host meaningful conversations and harvest new insights and innovative action from collective wisdom
- How to design collaborative processes that result in co-creation and collective wisdom
- How to apply participatory leadership to best advantage in your own context
- Which methods and techniques to use for your projects and the specific challenges of each
- Better understanding of complexity in group processes and how to navigate it.
This very interactive training will throw you directly in the deep end of participatory leadership. We bring the theory into practice from the outset, going to work with the questions, ideas and projects of the participants.